Dougie Mac Trustee Appointment
News Posted: 18 May 2012
The Douglas Macmillan Hospice has been providing palliative care to the people of North Staffordshire for almost 40 years.
It costs approximately £9million per year to keep the hospice running. The hospice employs around 260 staff and has the support of over 800 volunteers who work in all areas of the hospice.
Board of Trustees AppointmentsThe Board of Trustees is responsible for governing the Hospice and providing strategic leadership to plan its future direction with our Chief Executive.
We would like to appoint new trustees with demonstrable understanding, expertise and/or experience of the governance of an organisation. Previous experience as a trustee/director would be a distinct advantage.
In particular we would welcome any of the following experience/skills:
- Corporate Governance in a healthcare, commercial or not-for-profit setting
- Clinical Governance in a healthcare delivery setting
- Strategic perspective and vision including goal setting and performance evaluation
- Current Knowledge of Healthcare Delivery Systems
Your CommitmentYou would be expected to be able to commit your time to a maximum of 10 meetings per year and to dedicate the time required to acquire the essential understanding of the Hospice and of the broader health community
In return for your commitment and enthusiasm we can offer a challenging and rewarding role within a local charity providing palliative care to the community of North Staffordshire.
- The term of office for each trustee is 3 years following which Trustees may be re-appointed at the AGM
- Trustees receive no remuneration for their services.
- The role is voluntary and the Douglas Macmillan Hospice may reimburse out of pocket expenses incurred in the course of carrying out the role in accordance with the Charity Commission regulations.
If you are interested in this voluntary role please contact Lisa Stott (Corporate Services Manager) at email@example.com or call 01782 344300 to request a trustee application pack and details of the trustee interview process.
|19||20||21||22||23• Strategic Marketing
|26||27||28||29• Debt Collecting by Telephone
• OCN Procedures & Operations in International Trade - POINT
|30• BCC Import Procedures
Mouse over dates to view events
2013 Forthcoming Events
6 June 2013Potential Members Breakfast
11 June 2013Lunch with Business Travel Network at Staffordshire Technology Park
14 June 2013How to generate the right content for your website, blog and social media channels
19 June 2013HR: Value Add to Manufacturing?
25 June 2013Make the Most of Your Membership