With professional advisers in over 100 International Markets, UK Trade & Investment (UKTI) is the Government Department that helps UK-based companies succeed in the global economy and assists overseas companies to bring their high-quality investment to the UK.
This could be helping companies to export for the first time or assisting companies already exporting to develop new markets. The Staffordshire UKTI Team comprises seven International Trade Advisers who work with businesses of all sizes across all sectors. The level of support is always bespoke to each company but can include advice on any aspect of International Trade and providing financial support to develop overseas.
UKTI has staff based in Embassies across the world who can help companies gain a crucial foothold in their market. This can entail setting up a programme of meetings with potential customers in the Embassy itself, advising on best ‘route to market’, legislation, duties and generally helping to avoid any pitfalls.
Working closely with the UKTI Team is the Chamber’s Export Documentation Team which provides a fast, efficient service and is always happy to advise companies on which documentation is required for any given country. In 2012 the team processed Export Documentation with a value in excess of £190m which is a testament to their skill and knowledge. Another facet of this team is that they can facilitate translations, at very competitive rates, on everything from a one page flyer to a full technical manual.
If you want your business to be successful in overseas markets why not call the International Trade Department on 01782 202222
FOR MORE EVENTS AND MARKET VISITS PLEASE VISIT THE CHAMBER INTERNATIONAL TRADE WEBSITE AT WWW.WMCHAMBERS.CO.UK/INTERNATIONAL
- Access to UK Trade & Investment services including the 'Passport to Export' programme for new and novice exporters
- Export market research, contacts and sales leads
- Supported overseas visits and exhibitions
- Export documentation, Carnets and International Import Certificate
- Access to funding support
- A programme of seminars on international markets and topics
- Translation services
- Access to the International Trade Promotion Centre at the National Exhibition Centre
- Networking with other businesses through the Midlands World Trade Forum
- Business Opportunities
- Export Communications
- International Trade Committee
- European Regional Development Fund - ERDF
- Cluster Initiative
- International Trade News
|26||27||28||29• Debt Collecting by Telephone
• OCN Procedures & Operations in International Trade - POINT
|30• BCC Import Procedures
Mouse over dates to view events
Events open to all members
Event Location Guide
Stafford (South) Area
Stoke (North) Area
2013 Forthcoming Events
6 June 2013Potential Members Breakfast
11 June 2013Lunch with Business Travel Network at Staffordshire Technology Park
14 June 2013How to generate the right content for your website, blog and social media channels
19 June 2013HR: Value Add to Manufacturing?
25 June 2013Make the Most of Your Membership