CourseDealing with Challenging Times with a Positive Mind-Set
Venue: Commerce House, Stoke on Trent
Time: 9.30am – 4.30pm
Trainer: Celia Payne
Mental Toughness is the quality which determines how people deal with challenge, stressors and pressure. This course, where you will complete the on-line Mental Toughness Questionnaire (MTQ48) beforehand, will enable you to understand your own personal stress and stressors better, increase your mental toughness and improve your performance.
Mental Toughness explains how individuals develop resilience and an inner drive to success, with research consistently showing that mental toughness is directly related to performance, behaviour, wellbeing and aspirations. Prior to this participative course, delegates will complete the on-line Mental Toughness Questionnaire (MTQ48) and during the course they will gain a reliable assessment of their ability to withstand pressure, develop strategies to increase their Mental Toughness and improve their performance when faced with pressure and challenge.
• Understand how mental toughness development increases resilience to stress and drives motivation when faced with adversity
• Interpret personal feedback from the MTQ48 (a reliable and valid psychometric tool)
• Developed practical mental toughness techniques to boost work-based performance and personal well being
• Understand the challenges associated with being mentally tough
• What is “Mental Toughness”?
• Workplace Relevance
• Knowing the “Enemy” – Pressure, Challenge, Stress and its Consequences
• How Mentally Tough are you?
• The 4C’s – Control; Challenge; Commitment and Confidence
• MTQ48 – individual feedback reports and outcomes
• Dealing with the “Enemy”:
• Confidence Building
• Maintaining a Positive Outcome
• Keeping Perspective
• Developing Mental Toughness – Personal Action Planning
• Reviewing Personal Action Plans
Course Date: 23 October 2012 Cost For Members: £185 + VAT Cost For Non-Members: £230 + VAT
Your Shopping Basket is empty
|19||20||21||22||23• Strategic Marketing
|26||27||28||29• Debt Collecting by Telephone
• OCN Procedures & Operations in International Trade - POINT
|30• BCC Import Procedures
Mouse over dates to view events
Events open to all members
Event Location Guide
Stafford (South) Area
Stoke (North) Area
2013 Forthcoming Events
6 June 2013Potential Members Breakfast
11 June 2013Lunch with Business Travel Network at Staffordshire Technology Park
14 June 2013How to generate the right content for your website, blog and social media channels
19 June 2013HR: Value Add to Manufacturing?
25 June 2013Make the Most of Your Membership